Hi Pastor Melinda,
How are you I wanted to send you an email describing what I saw on Sunday September 21, 2008 at Worldwide Great Commission Fellowship.
As you started your message I was shown a ladder. It looked much like the ones you see at a carnival on the mid-way that you climb for a prize. This ladder appeared to be to me like Jacob's ladder, as if there was an Open Heaven in the service. Not long after I saw this you got away from your notes and started talking to us guided by the Holy Spirit.
I saw heavy metal chains that had been held together with a large pad lock with a long clasp. I saw the lock open and the chain fall free. We had been praying about break through for the area and for all churches to unite.
INFORMATION ABOUT JACOB'S LADDER AND OPEN HEAVENS
OPEN HEAVENS BRING GOD’S KINGDOM TO EARTH
Heaven is a real place—and the earth is something of a picture of what it’s like in heaven—but heaven is without the sickness, the sin, the disease, the death, the poverty, and the devil, that we have here. And since we [can and do] enjoy what God has created in the earth, then is there any reason why we can’t, as spiritual beings with spiritual senses, go places in the spirit and taste, see, and touch [experience the geographical beauty of] everything that God has created in the heavenly dimension? After all, everything we have in the natural/temporal realm is created out of the heavenly invisible realm in the first place!
As heaven manifests in the natural realm, both the rule and the reign of Jesus Christ will be known in the earth. “Let God be glorified!” Yet, don’t miss this: The key to bringing that manifestation to earth is an open heaven—a portal through which the kingdom of God invades the earth!
THE HEAVENS OPEN IN CERTAIN PLACES
Open heavens occur over certain geographical areas that are marked by God. For example Jacob experienced an open heaven at a place which he named Bethel (located near a village called Luz, Israel) where he had an amazing dream about a ladder that stretched from earth to heaven with angels ascending and descending on it. When he awoke he “was afraid and said, ‘What an awesome place this is! It is none other than the house of God – the gateway to heaven!’” (See Genesis 28:10–19).
10. Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Haran.
11. When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep.
12. He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
13. There above it stood the Lord, and he said: "I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying.
14. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.
15. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
16. When Jacob awoke from his sleep,he thought, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it."
17. He was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven."
18. Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it.
19. He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz.
OPEN HEAVENS BRING PROPHETIC EXPERIENCES & REVELATIONS
There comes a “place” where there is an invitation for each and every one of us to pray for spiritual understanding, for the eyes of our hearts to be opened, and for us to be filled with the spirit of wisdom and revelation. It’s an atmosphere where we can make ourselves available to receive solid teaching and guidelines from God’s word to help us exercise our spiritual senses. Also, it’s where we can learn to open and sanctify our imagination, and begin to have the eyes of our understanding enlightened (the mind’s eye) whereby we begin to touch the dimension of seeing—the dimension of visions, trances, dreams, and angelic visitation.
There’s been a real emphasis in the last 10 years or so on the prophetic—“you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged” (1 Cor. 14:31)—that’s edification and exhortation. It’s good, but the open heavens dimension is different from the prophetic dimension. Right now, God isn’t marking just “prophetic people” and all that this term implies, as good as it is. He is moving us beyond that into a greater dimension for experiencing the third heaven level—just a greater experience and expression of God in more of a seer’s dimension—for the days we live in demand it!
Yet many believers, as prophetic people, seem content if they can just hear God and prophesy once in a while. Their attitude is: I don’t need visions, trances, dreams and angelic visitations. I don’t need that stuff, Brother. I walk by faith. I got the word, and that’s enough for me. Whether or I see or feel anything, I’m going to believe God. Well, I walk by faith too. By faith I know I have access to come boldly before God’s throne, to ask Him to let me see the throne. Then, with expectation I begin to press in for throne room (third heaven) experiences.